Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA » Health Care » Center for Healthcare Organization & Implementation Research » CHOIR Home » Opportunities
Center for Healthcare Organization & Implementation Research
CHOIR has a large team of investigators, research staff, and administrative staff in both the Boston and Bedford Massachusetts VA facilities. Join our team working to advance coordinated, patient-centered health care for all Veterans through research and quality improvement. CHOIR recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds. View our current opportunities.
Opportunities for professional development and training for CHOIR researchers and research staff at various career levels abound and are fully integrated into the Center’s daily work. Activities open to all of CHOIR include:
- Weekly CHOIR Research Conference
- Monthly Writers Group
- Monthly Lunch and Learn series
- Regular VA HSR&D cyberseminars
- Biannual writers’ week events
Additional training activities are available through our academic partners and VA.
Our workplaceOur Health Services Research and Development (HSR&D) Center of Innovation (COIN) is jointly based at Bedford VA Healthcare System and Boston VA Healthcare System. CHOIR contains an extensive portfolio of funded research projects and programs, with a total annual budget of over $13 million. We have a vibrant community of researchers and research staff. Learn more about our mission.
We have several workgroups and initiatives formed for continuous improvement of our workplace, including:
- Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Change Team which includes needs assessment, hiring, communications subcommittees
- Our workplace culture team
- Our mentorship program
- Our affinity groups
- Social opportunities, including a run club and garden club
Post-doctoral fellowshipGatherings for mentoring our fellows are open to all staff and put investigators at every career level in conversation with health services research experts. These include:
- Monthly Brown Bag Lunch series, which is used to orient fellows to VA health services and discuss common interests and needs in building an academic career
- Monthly Fellows Journal Club
- Monthly Fellows' Report to present research-in-progress in a small group setting
Read more about our post-doctoral fellowship program.